Monday, August 12, 2013

Being realistic

I've posted about doing the Insanity workouts. I should be up front, and mention that I'm not following their workout program (obviously, as their program doesn't call for 2 workouts a day). Frankly, I can't do the program as designed. Between moving in 3 weeks and starting classes in 3 weeks and 3 days, I will not have the time to do the workouts as planned.

Now, I understand that the "I won't have time" is, usually, an excuse. However, my schedule for 2 consecutive days a week will be "wake up at 5:30, get ready/take the train to work, work 8 hours, take the train to school, wait 50 minutes for class to start (review homework, notes, list of questions doing the homework generated) , class for 2 hours, get home at 9ish p.m.". Yes, I can probably wake up at 4 to do a workout on the first day, but it's a bit much, and I know that I can't commit to doing 40+ minute workouts on those days.

I'm planning to compromise by getting up at 5:30 and doing half hour workouts when I get home at night, or doing longer, more relaxing yoga sessions, or not working out and just drinking tea because being gone for almost 15 hours is bad enough.

I am going to work on following a better diet, and getting enough sleep, as well as keeping the workouts going, packing a box of stuff a day, spending 15 minutes a day cleaning and another 15 minutes working on finding a better job.

I'm not necessarily hoping to lose weight at this point, but I am hoping that I won't gain any weight. It was a huge deal for me just to not gain weight this year, so I don't feel like I need to lose the 10ish pounds that I want to lose immediately.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Any form of physical activity is better than nothing. Whether you get in 10 minutes or 60 min.

Just stay the course and do what you can with the limited time you have.

Good luck!