Monday, September 2, 2013

Everything is Changing

BIG news: I got a shiny new job!! One that has a better commute and is willing to pay me better (well, I won't get overtime anymore, because I'll be salaried, but they're paying me on par with that one year when I worked 12 hour days, and I'm only really allowed to work 10 hours a day max, and even then, it's assuming I'm flexing time). The only downside is that I have to step my game up.

Seriously, where I work is like a wal-mart level of formality (although it is a call center, so no one can see us), and this is more at a JCrew or at least a Gap level of formality. On one hand, this was exciting, because it's harder to feel like a trainwreck in a pair of dress pants and a sweater. On the other hand, my closet just got more crowded, and I'm going to have to learn how to properly iron and work a pants crease.

In some ways, the fact that we just moved into OUR NEW HOUSE and I just started classes and am starting a new job and classes started last week is good, because I don't even have a typical day anymore, so I can start just doing the things that I wish I did as a habit. On the other hand, unpacking and getting my apartment cleaned is really miserable, and I'm gone for 12+ hours, so I'm not exactly working out. Also, we just had a party, and there are a lot of delicious carbs, and I'm giving myself a pass, because of the aforementioned 12 hour days. (Plus, the gym stuff haven't been unpacked, and carrying boxes upstairs is hard, and I've been sore and stiff more than once this week)

Yes, I will be eating salad & protein at work this week, with my carbs. I'm going to spend 20 minutes a day trying to unpack everything, and 20 minutes a day working on maintenance cleaning, so that I don't end up with 2000+ square feet of mess.

Unfortunately I may need to post less, but I am hoping to continue with the weekly posts.

No comments: