Sunday, November 3, 2013

Getting Things Done

I've decided to do a Whole 60, mainly because I haven't been eating enough vegetables, and haven't been seeing the full energy benefit of the program. I've signed up for a gym, and will be going on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and at least one weekend day (unfortunately I have class on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I can't really space out trips to the gym, as I'm gone from home from 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.).

In terms of getting things done, I've been running errands for the week after work on Thursday (I can flex time and leave early on Thursday and Friday). I've been doing my internet-ing while watching TV, and doing chores on the commercials. It's been working fairly well, as the smaller things that can really add up have been taken care of (I've hard boiled eggs, gone through mail, unloaded the dishwasher, changed over the laundry, made tea, frozen avocados, and baked chicken during commercial breaks. Yay multitasking!) I've also been listening to audiobooks while folding laundry and unpacking boxes upstairs.

I have noticed that when I start the day off, if I stop and sit for more than 20 minutes in the first 3ish hours that I'm up, I tend to get really bad sinus headaches, and the whole day is spent lying on the couch, which happened yesterday ( and the past 3 Saturdays in a row). So now it's a matter of making myself keep going for at least a few hours each morning I'm off. While it takes a significant amount of willpower, those few hours end up with my being super-productive.


No comments: